Sunday, October 6, 2019

Returning to London, England for the rose hanami 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Returning to London, England for the rose hanami 2019/Carlos Pueblo

After the weekend river walk at Cambridge, England, I made a return to London, England for the rose hanami at at least three rose gardens in three royal parks of the city. Hanami is a Japanese vocabulary literally means see flowers in Kanji in Japanese culture for the cherry blossom in the spring. Now, I have expanded my hanami to several other flowers in different months while travelling around the world, like the peony, the dahlia, and roses, etc. I caught on the late summer roses at the Queen's garden and was determined to make it for the first blooming when the gardener told me to come back in a week. By this way, I skipped my march of the canals at Leeds, England and came here for the rose instead. There are three rose gardens, the Kensington Palace, the Hyde, and Queen Mary's, for me to visit simultaneously after this return.

Everyday, I enter the Kensington before 6:00 am to see the Palace Garden which has planted roses at the four corners. Turnips were still there after a week and the other lovely spring flowers designed by the royal gardeners. I walked across the round lake to visit my birds friends, mute geese, Canadian geese, ducks, pigeons, and sea gulls, etc. Passing through the Lake Serpentine, I followed the horse track the Hyde Park Rose Garden. Almost every morning, I run into the morning drill of the Queen's horse guards and some girls riders morning practice. On my way back to my hostel, I selected another route along the Serpentine, to visit my two parakeets by the boat rental or the morning swimmers on the other side of the lake, the Serpentine Lido. The Princess Diana's Memorial is just next to it with a small rose pad.

After the free breakfast, I found a short cut through these two huge parks by directly walk across  by two diagonals to exit the Gate Marble Arch and enter streets of London. The Regent's Park is about two miles away. This is the prestige area of London full of business and great buildings, the pride of the British Empire. I  get used to the direction of the Park and easily find my destination. The Queen's Garden is quite a size about 20% bloom for the first week. There is also a lake at the park with a wild life sanctuary and also for boating. There is a Japanese Garden sit between the Regent's University and the Rose Garden.

Usually, I was tired after such a long day of marching, I would take a nap at the bench on the path by the lake with a large green field of lovely lawn with small while flowers spread on it like snow flake.

No comments: