Monday, October 21, 2019

Train ride back to Manchester, England 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Train ride back to Manchester, England 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Ending my last week visit to London, I took a train ride back to Manchester, England to catch on a return flight to Houston, Texas. I am getting more and more accustom to the English System which is operated individually by individual company on an individual route, i.e. the London-Manchester route is by the Virgin Trains. There are several stations on several cities also covered by this company like London Euston, Manchester Picadilly, Birmingham New Street, and Liverpool Lime, etc. Train fare is in direct competition with the air fare, the bus fare, and rental car, etc. I have seen many travelers well prepared to purchase their tickets in advance by internet either by computer or i-phone. I rely on my senior discount, one third off, by purchasing a voucher good for a year and take the train after the peak hours, yet it is still not quite comfortable. It takes about 2 hours and 4 minutes from London to Manchester and 34 trains scheduled in a day, about every 14 minutes. There is no stop before arriving the destination, about two stations outside of Manchester to save time.

I got off at Picadilly and walked to China Town to get my favorite Cantonese red bean pasta cake for dessert. I found this bakery on my first visit of the city and became my routine to drop by. The cake is sweet and crispy outside similar to some Moon Cakes of this kind. I shall keep them on my way back to Houston in case of my need to make up blood sugar due to my diabetes. I still had had a plenty of time; therefore, I took my luggage and back pack to board two free buses in front of the Picadilly Station to tour the city. It is a 30 minutes bus tour which many visitors taking advantage of. The tour has covered some of the old city like the Canal Street, Museum, and soccer stadium, etc. Manchester has a top soccer team in England or the entire Europe.

It is all because of the direct flight provided by an airline from Houston to Manchester; therefore, I have had the opportunity to visit some parts of England. We're going back again in late January of 2020 for a trip stopping by Manchester and continue flying to Bangkok, Thailand. I don't know if I can show Amy that Cantonese Bakery during the changing plane.

No comments: