Sunday, October 20, 2019

Returning to Boston, Massachusetts 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Returning to Boston, Massachusetts 2019/Carlos Pueblo

On the second day of our way to Quebec City, Canada, we arrived to Boston, Massachusetts. I have been to the city several times since 1981 and the latest been to 10 months before on the same ship for another back to back deal to the Caribbean. I admire this rich city with diversified economic development, academic significance, and historical heritage, the American Revolution. There are many places in the New England area where I have had good memory yet I only decide to make a short visit to the China Town by the South Station.

Some passengers like me are familiar with the Metro system in Boston; therefore, we walk across the busy harbor street to a bus station near by. The South Station is not far away and is a big transportation hub for the area in and out of the city. One way of the bus from the airport to the pier and from the pier to the South Station is free of charge. It is very convenient for the frugal person like me. I walked to the China Town with a young man pointing a pig stature on the way. He said that pig name was Donald Trump. It was Sunday and the China Town was crowded with visitors.

As usual, there is a good looking arch gate to enter the area with a familiar four Kanji on it literally means the whole world belongs to the public, Dr. Sun Yat-sen's calligraphy. What he says is the words of Lincoln that the nation is for the people, to the people, and by the people, a western democracy which is never existed in China. I found the hostel near by the Tufts Medical Center where I stayed one year. I was curious for the cost to rent a bed per night. The clerk punched the screen to gave me a number which was a double of what I paid before. I am prepared psychologically that the Dollar is diminished. I sit on one of the many chairs on the square of the arch to view the crowds passing by.

I did write all my visits to the city throughout these years, by cruises, by subways, and by rental cars, etc. I could just encourage myself to visit the college town of Cambridge, Massachusetts near by and came back through the Charles River to the Prudential Building. I am getting in years and losing my ambition and strength to tour such a pretty city.

No comments: