Monday, October 21, 2019

Dining with daughters on board 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Dining with daughters on board 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Sailing out of Ketchikan, we were in the Canadian Water of the Seymour Narrows or the Inside Passage, yet I had a dinner scheduled with Mary Ann, one of my pretty daughters at Le Bristos, a French Restaurant on Deck 7 Mid-ship. It was the last night before the disembark at Vancouver, Canada. I adopted her on my previous ship Dawn and she was transferred to the Jewel with some of her Dawn colleague and I had invited 4 of them on this back to back trips. Because of my latitude status, I can invite two guests for dinners at a fee restaurant on a certain designate restaurants of four two at a time. Usually I can get it approved by their managers and let them off early about 30 minutes at 8:30 pm that night. I feel good based on the manual price of the three courses, an appetizer, a main course, and a nice dessert. In addition to that, the cruise also give me a bottle of wine to be selected and an inexpensive bottle of champagne in my state room. It is one of the best time which I have had on the cruise. Daughters are happy and I am happy to get some of my money back from the company.

She is a senior waitress on restaurants with many fellow colleague around. It was late at night and the business was not that busy. They came around to chat with us and some of them even dropped by to say hello from the next restaurant. I have adopted many daughters on many ships; therefore, we can chat on many of our mutual friends with the cruise line and know where they are. The company always move them around ships in case of needs. I have been cut off from my fellow Taiwanese society in Houston and by cruse to meet many of the friendly staff on board is a pleasure of my senior life which I treasure it very much.

Because of this relationship with daughters on board, the majority of them are Filipino, I practice some of the popular Tagalog, change my name in Spanish, and claim myself as a naturalized Filipino from Sibu, Philippine. They don't believe it because that I don't speak the Sibua, another spoken language in that island. Recently I watch a documentary o a big sea battle at Leyte Island between the U.S. and Japan during the War. Sibua Island was also involved. Filipino are hard working people in the world and I believe that we are more closed to them biologically, Austronesian by definition the Pacific Islanders.

Since my latitude class promotion last year, I got an additional free drink dinner, dine with officer, one night at a seated restaurant. Some of the officers are my daughters as well. Because of the free drink, I have the cost of the drink out of my mind to enjoy myself and have daughters to remind me drink slowly. Actually, I must avoid drinking to affect my diabetes medicine.

No comments: