Thursday, July 26, 2018

Whole day’s thinking is less effective than a moment’s learning/Carlos Pueblo


Whole day’s thinking is less effective than a moment’s learning/Carlos Pueblo

Dealing with an old vehicle at hand is quite frustrating to me and I just can’t
get rid of it in my mind these days. Living in Texas, a huge territory without
a valid mass transportation system, people rely on private vehicle to move
around and car is getting old eventually. We just make a current readjustment
for our house hold vehicles for our four drivers. There is a 20 years old Q45 left
for me to manage. This old car has plenty of issues for me to handle. It is too
old and deteriorated among parts inside; yet if I pay enough money to repair
it, I can still keep it. I may need it for a Tuesday night tennis sometimes and I
don’t like to donate to somewhere else. I can’t leave it on the street in front of
our front lawn because I still required to pass the annual vehicle inspection in
order to purchase a tax sticker to drive the vehicle legally. Now, I still have an
engine service soon light on the board and therefore, the vehicle can’t be passed
for such inspection. I suddenly feel that I have insufficient knowledge to manage
my old car issue efficiently. This old Chinese philosophy pieces suddenly come
to my mind, my whole day’s thinking is less effective than a moment’s learning
by Kown Hsun, 250 B.C. of his famous prose the encouragement of learning.

I have been consulted with several people interested to answer my questions about
how to deal with such headache. Anthony, the owner of the garage to fix the car,
recommends me make a trip to a rural area of Texas where the requirement of
inspection is less tough than in Houston area. I am concerned if the current condition
of the vehicle is capable to make such distance. My son Arthur suggest me to wait
another 5 years to reach an antique vehicle status exempt from annual inspection.
An insured called for insurance policy and I asked him about the antique car. He
told me that people have such hobby must be good at body job and engine. Antique
car is not for driving but exhibition. I check with Google that in Texas, the State only
allows the owner to drive such vehicle to an exhibition and repair shop only.

So I pull out my file to call an old insured Joseph Y who used to own a garage to fix
the car body as long as the engine in Houston. He is retired. He was very good at
the restoration of damage vehicle body from collision by mixing cement type of
chemical and apply to the surface and smooth it before hardening of the cement
and sand it and reprint it. Before his retirement, his customers gave him some old
vehicles for him to keep in lieu of payment and the headache which I had. He said
that there is no time for him to deal with the old vehicle even if he still has it. He asks
me to watch Youtube about the Knot Sensors replacement video and I watch. It is
very difficult for me to do the job myself.

A long term learning is the school education which is essential to change people from
poverty class to a financial independent. I am running out of space to detail the thought.



No comments: