Monday, July 30, 2018

Pet cat guest eaters/Carlos Pueblo


Pet cat guest eaters/Carlos Pueblo

Christine, my pet dog friend Forest’s owner, feeds 5 pet cats on her driveway. She
also feeds squirrels, quails, and various birds on her driveway. I also find another
lady neighbor feeds practices the same habit on the other street. I mention an old
legend of guest eaters on the famous, the story of history by Shi Ma-chien on the
stories of 4 princes fed more than 3000 guest eaters during the War State Era before
the first Chinese Dynasty. They fed almost every one came to their residences for
shelters while these cats come to both houses for their daily meals without any
purposes for both cases. There were several incidents recorded by Shi about the
contributions of those guest eaters to help those princes to defend their owner’s
States against the eventual first Emperor of China, yet, both of my neighbors would
not expecting any return from their guest eaters.

Christine explains that 4 of her guest eaters are from her neighbors, Oreo and Lucy
are from the same home as Lily, the one answers my whistle, clap, and call. Lily
doesn’t come to eat with the other two. Floppy is a gray cat which comes in early
in the morning. Cats are usually have their own home, yet they come in once in a
while to take Christine’s offer and some are regular. She can identifies the new
comer who might be a lost one from the owner’s moving away. She hangs three
stylish strays on the fence for squirrels and birds guest eaters.

Joe is our neighbor on a street north of us. He likes to grow tomato, all kinds of
Tomato, and basil for his Italian cuisines. Joe’s wife keeps 9 cats at home, 2
guest eaters and 7 adopted eventually. She prepares 7 trays outside every
evening and two inside for insiders. I sometimes received tomato from Joe and
curiously asked him how he could avoid the squirrels and birds. He said that
he got help from cats and also pointed out that would be Yin and Yang, a
Chinese philosophy which meant the balance of cats and fruits invaders.

During my living in Taiwan, I had learned two similar stories about guest eaters
or similar situation passing on to the society including an experience involving
myself. During my sophomore year at the college, my Dad asked me to meet him
at a clinic to visit his boss at work. He had a by-pass or minor stroke and required
to an operation by a surgeon whom he helped during the great exodus in 1949
from China. He helped this youngster to complete the medical school similar to
the guest eater situation in history.

I was a guest eater during my high school and thereafter before my leaving of
Taiwan. My adopted mother was a classmate of mine at the elementary school.
His mother was a Manchurian physician and very generous to youngsters like
me to provide good meals when time was very tough.


No comments: