Friday, July 27, 2018

Annual physical/Carlos Pueblo


Annual physical/Carlos Pueblo

Because that I have had Medicare Advantage coverage, I receive an annual physical
check up for my diabetes pills, actually, it is a semi-annual blood test to monitor the
blood sugar content concentration. Without such blood test, I can’t refill those three
medicine. The physical procedure is getting very efficient and takes less time than
before.

First, I have been check on my weight without shoes off that makes more sense.
No height is measured. Then, I was guided to a clinical bed for blood pressure
reading which is for my heart function. I was almost the earliest patient for my
physician; therefore, I waited a little bit for his arrival. He was glad to see me with
a warm handshake. He listened to my breathing and heartbeat and said good and
left room. Before that, I provided a glass of urine sample. Later, he returned with
a folder of living will paper work and a thick envelope for a stool sample to mail
in. I forgot to mention that I was required to answer 4 pages of my routine life
questions and draw a clock picture with numbers, with 11:10, and three names of
item which provided by the nurse. All of these procedure is really to save the
time of my physician and quickly identify any issue of my health physically and
mentally.

I was sent to 2nd floor laboratory to be blood drawn for various tests which he
mentioned all purposes as he considered necessarily. He promised to send his
OK to the pharmacy on the same day. On my way out, I dropped by the office
to remind them that my physical was done and I should pick up the drugs two
days later.

I have been fortunate that I have been healthy so far and so long. The Medicare
Benefit is one of the best policy for American seniors. The regular physical
examination keeps the American in longevity and I estimate, based on insurer’s
guideline, I may live exceed age 80 and double verification with some elders in
the community. After answering all those 4 pages, I feel that I have had a very
happy life and almost stress free.


No comments: