Saturday, July 21, 2018

Old car issue 2018/Carlos Pueblo


Old car issue 2018/Carlos Pueblo

Antony of the Garage called me for additional problem facing my old vehicle Q45
of 1998 edition which I just inherit from Arthur as my vehicle. He said that in
addition to my starter issue, I have had some censor problem which is shown on
the engine service soon light on the panel. The cost is U.S. $1,400, starter is $700
after almost $5,000 repair for this vehicle in 10 months. I know that the old vehicle
is not dependable as a car driven to work. Arthur helped me to jump start the old
car by a pocket size battery specially made for such purpose instead of a second
vehicle face to face to have a joint connection jump. Throughout those years, I
have understood that new vehicle is easier to purchase, a short pain, while the
car insurance and the old car repair issue are a longer pain. I can shorten the
insurance pain by eliminate the physical damage coverage after 4 years; however,
I still don’t know how to avoid the cost of old car repair.

No matter what I can do to get away with annual inspection in order to purchase
The annual state tax for driving a car, I still need to face the decay of auto parts for
such vehicle. People say that why I don’t get rid of the old vehicle. This is my problem.
I don’t like to waste something that I think might still useful and that is why I save money.
I can use the car to play tennis for Tuesday night because I don’t like to mess up Amy’s
new vehicle with sweat. Our tennis court doesn’t have a shower facility, as a matter of
fact, it is not even a tennis court of mine. I hate to join a paid tennis club. Maybe the
playing tennis issue will be gone soon because our partners are getting old and is very
hard to form a double match anyhow.

I ask Barbara of a new acquaintance from Miami with a lovely dog Lily. She has a 1980
Land Cruiser which is still in use. I asked her how she could pass the state inspection.
She says that the car is in Michigan which doesn’t require annual inspection in order to
pay tax permit and neither does Florida. I don’t really complain the requirement of Texas.
I try to save insurance premium by participate a right track program to install a device
on a inlet where the mechanic sticks his small computer to diagnosis the problem of the
vehicle. I even wait for two new credit cards to come to pay the cost in order to get bonuses
to reduce the burden. I calculate all the time.

I read some books about the old vehicles well maintained in both Cuba and Iran due to long
time boycott from the U.S. I wonder how do they handle the old car issue. Maybe the cost to
repair is much lower than in the U.S. or they don’t drive that much. I don’t need to drive that
much and I have to learn how to ignore the old car issue eventually.      

No comments: