Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Busy on Monday after Austin/Carlos Pueblo


Busy on Monday after Austin/Carlos Pueblo

Monday after a return trip from Austin, I was very busy for some house chores
which shouldn’t be occurred as a retired person. I noticed that I forgot to bring
back the battery charger when I did our own backyard mowing; therefore, I
reminded myself to call the warranty service center for Michelle’s weed eater
stick on Monday. After Monday morning walk, I found the old Q45 couldn’t be
started and I realized that $700 would be due soon. Amy told me that she couldn’t
understand the county tax office’s figure on our overpay refund; so I had to call it
myself.

There is a problem to start the 20 years old vehicle, Q45, which was a pride of
Japanese Emperor’s household vehicles. The garage owner Anthony told me $700
was the cost to replace and he could send a tow truck to haul it. I am waiting for
a new credit card to be issued and receive a $150 bonus after $500 spending within
90 days. I feel so pitiful now a day to fight the pennies in my life.

I wrote about how impressed I had been for the Ryobi trimmer’s warranty service.
It has been two weeks since I turn in for replacement. The clerk told me that they
found the apparatus could be repaired and took additional 90 days to be completed.
I am furious. I decided to call the warranty office 800 numbers to complain. I said
Ryobi is a name recognized firm in Hiroshima and Japanese firm like their Toyota, Honda
fellow companies with excellent service reputation and I want to talk to her supervisor.
The girl calmly tells me that they are a North American company doing warranty service
for many foreign firms products service. There is no other person in the office other than
her and I must wait for that 4-6 weeks repairing duration.

Finally, I got to call the Harris County Clerk’s office for our overpaid taxes for both 2016
and 2017. Amy complained that our house was without senior exemption for the county
and school taxes and was not frozen for the access value; therefore, I took back the half
ownership from Arthur with his permission. We got 50% of the exemption instead of
100% as the law allowed. The tax office shows no record of 100% exemption on 2016 and
2017; therefore, I called again to the County Appraisal District. The clerk found the
completion of paperwork; however, the procedure was not completed. She amended and
gave me two file numbers for me to discuss with the tax office. The calls were very simple
and very easy to be understood; however, it took long time to wait on the que for my call
to be answered.


No comments: