Monday, July 2, 2018

Required minimum distribution begins/Carlos Pueblo


Required minimum distribution begins/Carlos Pueblo

A day before yesterday, I found the first portion of my required minimum distribution
arrived to my bank account. It is from one of the company which I worked before the
century changed and was a self-funded 401k with the same amount of after tax
contribution in an annuity form. There are sources of my retirement all self-funded
except social security benefit and a small amount of defined benefit from the above
firm with 401k, rollover IRA from HR-10 plan, Roth IRA, and after tax saving. This is
a combination of retirement saving plan to support the deficit of social security as
advocated nationwide.

How much retirement fund is enough for me to go through the rest of my life? It’s
all depended on, my health, my frugality, and the performance of my investment.
In order to make the life simpler, I don’t mortgage the house and no loan of any
Kinds which means don’t make any purchase without cash at hands. This new income
will help me to pay the year end federal income tax, local real estate tax and late
summer European trip.

These deferred tax retirement plans make sense if we consider that we pay higher
federal income tax at the older age. It is because that we no longer have the dependents
deduction and the IRS posts the minimum distribution in order to tax the retirement
fund. I applaud such legislation during the years for such good laws.

When both of my children entered the work force, they asked me for advice on deferred
tax and retirement. I explained in details of my experience and they agreed and set up a
plan to contribute to the maximum of their earning. It has been more than 10 years for
both of them and the significance of growth can be seen on their retirement assets. This
is a proof of a simple theory that the wealth can be reached by earning, saving, and the
duration of growth.

No comments: