Saturday, July 11, 2020

My internet connection was interrupted again/Carlos Pueblo

My internet connection was interrupted again/Carlos Pueblo

Yesterday, my internet connection was interrupted again. It was due to a cut of wire by the fence contractor who removed posts and dug holes. Amy was reporting the interruption and I went up stair to check on my computer. It was not working. The ground on our side is clearly marked with yellow flags by the AT&T technician previously. Amy went outside to question the contractor and he denied any cut at all. I lost my Buddha's cool and yelled at the contractor that the damage was down and I would deduct the cost from the AT&T to his pay. Our neighbors came out and discussed the matter and my madness. His internet is not interrupted at all; therefore, he still can work at home.

I am used to the AT&T service technicians for their routine schedule due to my previous experience. He plugged a hand held computer machine to a box like a circuit breaker to what happened. Of course, it is logic. The small screen indicated a disconnect of 40 feet. He went back to his vehicle and brought back a new wire to be connected between a pole station and the box. It is about 40 feet. It was done quickly. He said that was alright and left back to his van. I knew what to do and informed Amy to check on hers and went up stair to check on mine. The screen showed me some details to be followed. I rushed out door to catch him. He came back inside and help us to input the password which meant if you were stupid and you are still stupid in computer.

The life is getting easier with an internet connection. I can live on my regular life such as sending a long missed payment to a credit card, monitoring the market, writing my blog, and watching he You tube, etc. It is a good looking new fence. The cut was only applied to my connection, of course, the service charge was only applied to me. I don't believe that they mind that I transfer such charge to the fence builder.

I am an old man now and I don't really think everything in a proper or reasonable way, i.e. I don't really care something is too old like the fence as long as it is still functional; however, my neighbors may not have the same thinking. I comply with her request because that is affordable and a new fence is better in looking. After my yelling to the contractor of the damage and my threat, he told me that thing happened and threatened back if I selected this way. I thought it over night that he was right that there was no need to yell at him. I used to have two rental property which I built fences when I bought the new houses. I did attempt to get a share with neighbors on the first house and in vain and I didn't even ask for the second house neighbors. One of the neighbors complained that I didn't build it properly on the border line. I agreed and told him to correct it on the next time when he needed to replace the old fence. I was lucky to get rid of that house.

No comments: