Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The fast walking versus the slow walking/Carlos Pueblo

The fast walking versus the slow walking/Carlos Pueblo

Amy's elder sister Ann fell the other day when did her powerful walking and injured her shoulder. I have been cautioned for years by Amy that to avoid the fall at old age due to the hard to recover. I don't like the fast walking because that looks like I am in a hurry; however, people think that people think that the fast walking can get the exercises done better than the slow walking; therefore, some pretty ladies won't like me to accompany them to walk because that I am too slow. Actually, I have thought about it and I like to explain what I think and my theory behind it, the slow walking.

I am so proud of myself to remember the definition of the work and the energy according to the difficult of thermodynamic after my college years. We like to get rid of our body fat via burning our extra sugar in the blood for instance; therefore, we do the exercises regularly. For most of the westerners, tall and heavy, they can generate a lot of work, W= 1/2 ma square. That m is the mass or the essential of weight and a is the acceleration, something with the difference of speeds. The fast walking could be considered an effective method to generate the maximum of work for our body; however, E= WS is the second step of this thermodynamic theory to explain how to convert the work into the energy which we like to exhaust it for the purpose of the health. That S is the distance. We can calculate the energy by the product of the work and the distance which we have walked. 

It is meant that if you don't have enough time, you can walk faster with a short distance to generate enough energy or if you have plenty of time like me, you can walk leisurely in a longer distance to generate the same energy like above. It is nice to have a walking company such as a pretty lay with a lovely dog on the way.

Every night I go to bed very early and wake up very early to start my long morning walk. I have found this interest for a long time and it becomes my hobby. I notice that there are more and more of my neighbors are getting involved into the morning walk either in the powerful fast walking or leisurely slow walking. I like the slow walk because that is safer and to avoid the fall I think. 

No comments: