Saturday, July 4, 2020

Two China issue/Carlos Pueblo

Two China issue/Carlos Pueblo

Chinese has issued a new Hong Kong Security Law recently with a lot of no's on Hong Kong Independent, Taiwan Independent, Tibet Independent, and East Turkestan Independent, etc.; however, I don't see the reinforce of the offense of one China slogan this time. The new law doesn't strike any term of penalty of two China idea or advocacy such as another China in Taiwan called the Republic of China, an independent Nation. I don't see any severe penalty posted on this new Law as an example to threaten Taiwanese, 24 millions of them.

We all know that Chinese love to post the slogan and promise to penalize those who make the offense. This is the reason why I don't visit China except I do make an exception to visit Hong Kong once. I was very concerned and very low key to see without talking at that almost 4 days visit. I did see posters every where about Hong Kong Independence. I am told that Hong Kong residents remove them and clean those area to avoid the arrest by the new Law.

Next time when I go back to Taiwan through a stop over in Japan, I'll insist that my itinerary will not include China in order to protect my own safety. I believe that it is my own right to reflect most of the dream of Chinese who love to leave China. Chinese government has no jurisdiction of what I think and what I say and write even if I am on their airplanes. Of course, I am a careful person and I will not put myself in danger to take an airliner with a Chinese name to give Chinese government a chance to practice such law. I don't want to test the U.S. authority to challenge such law. I believe more that Chinese military can't enforce such law in Texas to arrest me unless I am on their airplane in China and I am not that stupid.

I tell Amy who is more engaged in the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus Pandemic that what my decision not taking Chinese Airliner or my precaution to avoid the arrest by Chinese Government. She is not impressed.

No comments: