Thursday, July 30, 2020

Harvesting melons/Carlos Pueblo

Harvesting melons/Carlos Pueblo

It is quite a joy to harvest home grown melons now a day. I have picked 6 melons so far from my dog cage and a small lot behind the garage. The quality of my melons is less attractive in compare with what Amy's purchase from the market. It is a kind called the Korean melon with a golden skin when is ripe and also with a very light fragrant smell.

I am not disappointed because that I realize the disadvantage of my planting. The soil is not prepared with the necessary fertilizer before and after, secondly, I don't have enough sunshine on the spot of the back yard. Yet, I am very happy to see melons growing from the seed to vine and blooming to bear the fruit. I have been waiting patiently for the fruit to turn to larger size and color from the green to golden. It is a matter of three months.

It takes at least 10 years to grow a tree to view it height while takes 100 years to educate a successful mankind. This is the Confucianism materialized in the western civilization. I see some defect in the society such as the poverty and some people left behind. I know that there are reasons. A reasonable society would and should step in to help via the government. It is an ideal yet is difficult to reach like what I grow of melons.

I spread the left over from what I eat of my harvest to a new pot. After the heavy summer rain, I see sprouts coming out that are the second season for the late summer and fall. The weather factor shall come in to play a role of the growth.

No comments: