Friday, July 17, 2020

The much needed rain/Carlos Pueblo

The much needed rain/Carlos Pueblo

There is a rain which is much needed today at noon and may have some more at night. Houston, Texas has been too hot and without a single drop of rain for more than two weeks and we worry about the lawn , the home garden, and the summer heat wave. I quickly finished my ten laps in the pool after two sets of senior tennis double and went home before the sounder broke out. It is a good news and a good for the much needed rain.

I started my day early  as usual, I went to my section 2 walk in the subdivision and drove the car to the swimming pool and tennis court. It was still early and I accompanied Eli and her owner Dianna for a brief walk. She is going to her river front house for the weekend and would bring me some citric fruits from her neighbor's vacant land. I assume that is the grape fruit for the time being otherwise the orange or tangerine should be ready in after the fall. She tells me more about her family that this river front house on San Bernard River is a gift from her parents-in-law. After they inherited the two acres frame house property, her husband did some work on it. Now, all her families are enjoying the weekend resort type of living. She also mentions that on her side, she has inherited 12 oil wells passing by her great grand parents. It is not generating very much now a day due to the cheap oil price; however, at the beginning and at her parents time, the windfall was almost $30,000 a month. I bring this up because that is a proof of the saving and the investment of the generation. I am going to give something to my children when I die.

I find that even the senior double tennis is getting harder for me to bear and I must take some break to catch my breath. I feel better after I intensify my morning activity almost about 4 hours. I let my old body have plenty of exercises and feel good about it. Every day is so wonderful for me to start a day. I don't have to go out to travel. 

No comments: