Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Visiting Damnoen Saduak Floating Market near by Bangkok, Thailand 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Damnoen Saduak Floating Market near by Bangkok, Thailand 2020/Carlos Pueblo

On the next day after the temple tour, we were on a five person group to visit the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market which was on the movie 007  The man with the Golden gun 1974. The floating market is quite popular in the Southeast Asia where people utilize the river and the canal as the mean of public transportation for the business. Small towns are formed and most of them become a tourist attraction. We passes by the rural area of Thailand and once we got closed the river and canal, we saw some fish ponds with small paddle wheel to move the water. I check the fish farm which grows the Tilapia which is a main dish on the cruise ship.

We stopped by a main river pier for a motor boat to take us to the market, actually a town by canals with many small boats peddling all kinds of foods. We bought tickets for a 30 minutes ride and I was not that comfortable since I used to the ocean cruising vessel. One of us in the group did try to purchase something and made a bargain which took some of our time. I saw some people did purchase foods to eat. I was glad that I had a great breakfast at the hotel.

We had had plenty time to visit on shore after the boat tour. Again, there are many stores for tourists. Our guide told us the business was slow due to the Wuhan virus otherwise the whole areas were difficult to move. We walked on both sides of the canal till our departing time. I don't recall that we have made any purchase.

There was an add on visit to an elephant park which Amy paid for a 30 minutes ride with an elephant. I was stubborn and not interested and was not allowed to take photos with the animal unless I purchased a ticket which I didn't.

Before the end of our tour, we were required to stop at a huge jewelry shop. Amy bought a ruby necklace. I asked the guide again for the direction of the campus of Chulalongkorn University. She told me just by the hotel following to the medical center by a golf course. I did see the gold course through the window in our room.

No comments: