Thursday, March 26, 2020

Arriving in Sydney, Australia 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Arriving in Sydney, Australia 2019/Carlos Pueblo

After 3 days and nights sailing, we arrived in Overseas Passengers Terminal, Sydney, Australia. We stayed overnight at the pier. There was a whole day and night at this great city. I selected a simple way to visit the Rock area under the great Sydney Harbor Bridge, marching along the circular Quay through the Sydney Opera House, then the Royal Botanic Gardens. I repeated once more at the same route after lunch at the ship.

There is a battery park as part of the Rock. Old Guns are in positions facing the harbor. It was a part of the beginning of the city, ancient Sydney Town Hall, Cathedrals, and city centers, etc. You can line up to purchase a permit to climb up to visit the great Sydney Harbor Bridge. I walked along a small strip of gifts shops with food stands and others. The huge ship was right by the pier called the Circular Quay on Sydney Cove to the famous Sydney Opera House. It is a popular place to visit. I took note of the light rail station for the train to the airport on the next day.

The Royal Botanic Garden is in adjacent to the Opera House with another Farm Cove by name. At first, I was not that impressed for the garden at all till I found a garden full of roses and some other colorful flowers. It is indeed a world class rose garden indeed. I can still identify several flowers on my pictures such as the dahlia, chrysanthemum, petunia, and more to make a excellent decoration. I made a return visit after a lunch on the ship and ran into a big wedding at the rose garden.

There were many Chinese tourists visiting the gardens on that day. I first ran into a Chinese lady on a rock seat facing the Farm Cove, a very nice bay by the garden. She was on her last day in Sydney of her company's assignment. She was reading something at her notebook computer. She was taking off in late afternoon to Shanghai, China. Another Chinese family were there when I was at the rose garden. This elder lady was very interesting to chat with me in Mandarin Chinese and introduced me her daughter whose Australian husband was also in the group. I was insisting my Taiwanese nationality and she attempted to correct me as the same of China. her husband had tried to pull her away from the conversation.

I love roses. I have had very much collection of rose gardens around the world and I always like to re-visit those gardens as often as I can. This is one of them. Sydney is a lovely city with distinguished appearance which resembles some parts of London, U.K.

No comments: