Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Taking buses to Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, Hong Kong 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Taking buses to Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, Hong Kong 2020/Carlos Pueblo

It was a time to embark at the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal for our week long trip to Vietnamese Coast. The clerks at the hotel gave us a second recommendation, by two buses instead of a light rail train to the Diamond Hill then transferred to a bus. I went on to check the bus stop across the street from the hotel for the next morning. Hong Kong is a big city with an excellent public transportation system and our cost is very minimum. This terminal is converted from the original runway of the famous Kai Tak International Airport. Again, we had had an excellent view of this lovely city. I have been very familiar with the boarding procedure of the ship and waiting is not a problem. We were on board before noon. I could see the precaution procedures for the Wuhan Coronavirus, mask cover on every staff and the forehead and ear temperature check up, etc. A very detail form was filled before checking in about the health questions.

Usually, I would step up to deck 8 mid-ship O'Sheenan's Restaurant for a plate of fish and chip, then go up to deck 12 Garden Cafe to finish the lunch. I ran into Lovely and Connie, the Assistant Maitre D'hotel and the hostess of the restaurant. I showed off my relationship with daughters on the cruise line and they were impressed. Lovely even removed her mask temporarily in order for us to complete the adoption procedure, taking several photos together and leaving her e-mail address for me to send her photos back later when I got home. We have had many mutual friends within the company and she knows almost every one whom I mention to. She is a manager to the French Restaurant, Le Bistro, on deck 6 mid-ship in the evening and during the day, she is rotated among some busy restaurants. Connie is the hostess at O'Sheenan's and is from Honduras.

Before April, 2016, I had had 4 cruise trips with the ship Jewel, the same one I just finished in New Zealand and Australia late last year. Only after that 2016 a trip across the Atlantic with Jade, I have intensified my travelling in cruises in  this company. Even though the company moves its staff around its fleet of vessels yet I am familiar with the old ships and mostly the services. I feel that taking a cruise is better than taking a land trip, more relaxing and convenient.

What do I do most of the time on cruise? I go hiking when I am off the ship and find something to do when it is a day or days at sea. Recently, I find swing golf at the simulator on deck 13 outside is very interesting. In the evening, I would sit down at the atrium bar or the Magnum bar to listen to the performing pianists. Now, I select vegetarian diet and quit wine drinking for my diabetes and feel less pressure to my stomach.

No comments: