Thursday, March 5, 2020

Returning to visit Napier, New Zealand 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Returning to visit Napier, New Zealand 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Napier is another lovely township on the North Island of New Zealand on the eastern coast. I had had a tour of the beach park on the south direction toward the National aquarium and the city center on last visit about 4 days before. This time, I change my direction toward the north on the beach. It is all started with two gardens in front of the city center, Reef and Sunken Gardens. Then, I make a turn west across the city to the Clive Square which has a lovely lotus pound and flower garden. Finally, I leisurely walk through the city center to enjoy with crowded tourists. There is a restaurant even called Long Star and I know what that means in Texas.

First, the attracted gardens are started with a wall like boundary with many pots of different kinds of flowers. It is well designed and planned by the city park authority and maintained.
I ran into two of my daughters, Angela of the Azura hostess and Krisma of the Cagney's Steak House and recently promoted to be the manager of the O'Sheenan's. I have taken some of their together photos and ready to send them. Before reaching the War memorial Center, there is another lovely garden, the Sunken, with lots of lot and I check on the colorful pictures and find the small size of dahlia flowers are among those pretty flowers on the lots. Dahlia is one of my favorite flowers and I have had many photos collection in the gardens of the world.

The city's War Memorial Center is on the edge of Sunken Garden. I went inside to visit. New Zealand has no quarrel with the rest of the world and going to many wars are due to the fact of the British rule. I have been many parts of the world and seen the memorial center and monument. Some of them even listed all the wars which locals have participated, i.e. the Malaya which reminds me the Malaysia Independent has been an independent war involved.

I remember a fresh cut of Magnolia flower on a concrete bench on top of Tauranga hill. It is quite beautiful in white color different from what we have in our garden and I like to find them in the city center. I was a little bit late and the flowers were fading away, yet I got my satisfy with the lotus blossom in the square garden. They were blooming in a round shape pound with a fountain. Again, they are not huge in size yet very charming, elegant, and grace.

I Walked back toward the bus first stop in front of the two gardens and the Long Star Bar. I found another daughter Evangeline eating in a Chinese restaurant. She needs to comfort her stomach after the menu on the ship galley. I need mention that there are many antique vehicles for hire in the city center and I am very impressed of their excellent maintenance.

No comments: