Saturday, March 28, 2020

Returning to Bangkok, Thailand 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Returning to Bangkok, Thailand 2020/Carlos Pueblo

There was almost a whole day time on our evening to leave Singapore; however, I would rather wait at the airport. It is not convenient to carry luggage around while touring the city while I am not confident with taxi or any hope of a free tour of at the airport. The inn clerk gave us a detail instruction to take the bus at the front to a light rail station to transfer trains to Changi Airport. There is an excellent public transportation system existed in Singapore. I was lucky to run into a group of airline service clerks to save some money on checking in luggage on line, spilled a noodle bowl and got a free re-fill, met a pretty clerk at a small eatery inside the waiting hall, and another adventure of taking light rail trains in Bangkok. I have saved money for my next trips indeed.

We went to the food courts near by the inn for the breakfast. A noodle stand owner chatted with me in Amoy about his Teochew cuisine. He answered all my curiosity of the Teochew food of my favorite, the duck, the fish all, and the crispy beef ball, etc. He also showed me his own product of the fine noodle with egg ingredient in it. I learned the knowledge when I was at schools in Taipei.

The clerk, an Asian Indian pretty girl, recommended me make a purchase of check in luggage on line in order to save 3 quarters of price. I had had the same problem last time when I boarded a budget flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong while it was in a hurry. This time, I had almost 9 hours to manage. Another airline clerk quickly took my i-phone to her supervisor for advice. Lucky me that I did charge the phone on the previous night. Very quickly I was on the credit card payment stage. It was about US$100 saving. They were surprised that I could pop on one or two Tagalog vocabulary.

A plate with Amy's fish ball soup noodle bawl fell due to a difficult design of the counter. Before I could figure out to purchase another ticket or not, the chef already prepared another bawl free of charge and another employee quickly clean the mess on the floor. We ordered two drinks on another eatery nearby with a Taiwan as the store name. Both clerks can speak Amoy and we had a good time in conversation. This Chiu-yueh, means Autumn Moon in Chinese, came to chat with us when she was off. She is a pretty girl and I say that I want her to be my daughter-in-law and Amy is not amused. Again, I didn't ask her address and take a picture together.

While asking direction and taking light rail trains to Bangkok Grand Hyatt, a lady at a tourist stand gave a 50% off discount for a group tour of temples at the city on the next day. After that, she gave me a detail of how to take trains to reach a station nearby the hotel. It was late at night and the long and identical name of stations confused the local and ourselves; therefore, we made the mistake. We also made mistakes on our way to the hotel. I almost bought a small box of Durian fruit to the hotel room and fortunately not due to the strange odor. That purchase of temples tour was proved to be excellent.

No comments: