Sunday, March 22, 2020

Arriving in Singapore 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Arriving in Singapore 2020/Carlos Pueblo

We ended a seven day cruise in Singapore. Hong Kong passengers of 700 were allowed to disembark first. I followed some fellow passengers marching to the Marina Bay light rail station in order to get to the downtown. Singapore is a big city with the population with modern public transportation system. I got several local help to find our hotel on Havelock Road not far from Chinatown. The last help was from a Filipino nanny who walked us along a small river right across the inn. She was surprised that I could pup up a few sentence in Tagalog. It is a converted hotel from an old cooking oil warehouse everything is very neat and clean; however, we didn't have the same extra benefit as the one in Hong Kong because Singapore was not in depressed in tourism.

The Chinatown of Singapore is about ten minutes walk away on Havelock Road. I like Singapore because the local, the older one, speaks Amoy language, my mother tongue which is Taiwanese in Taiwan. Of course, Mandarin and English are both popular in this nation. We found a Teochew noodle eatery and ordered a bowl of soup noodle. Chinatown was very busy and we walked at least two sections and saw many visitors from all over the world. I paid very good attention of the tropical fruits which I missed much from Taiwan. There are plenty and excellent choice in Chinatown. Amy had tried several fresh cut fruits stored in clear boxes in refrigeration. I was shy away for the price that I was not used to. She thought that were alright in compare with Houston. The stinky yet delicious Julian fruit was fresh cut for two small pieces in a small plastic asked for 10 Singapore dollars about US$8. Hong Kong and Singapore are the same, they don't grow enough and import most of their foods, only the best quality from outside.

On the way back, we went to visit a small food court up to a ladder street. It is quite completed for the local and passengers to drop by for three meals. We later came here quite often in case of needs. My ATT/Yahoo mail was locked due to that hacker yet luckily I could still use the gmail to send letter to Michelle on my i-phone. I-phone is less weight than a lab
top computer even a notebook.

No comments: