Sunday, March 29, 2020

Layover in Honolulu, Hawaii 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Layover in Honolulu, Hawaii 2019/Carlos Pueblo

On my way home to Houston, Texas, there was a layover in Honolulu, Hawaii, instead of flying directly from Sydney, Australia to Dallas, Texas. I got an opportunity to visit Waikiki briefly after a 14 hour flight. I took buses to check on three places, the Chinatown, the Marukami Noodle restaurant, and the Ala Moana Mall before returning to the Airport.

I love Hawaii and have visited the islands many times. I am very familiar with Oahu Island. After re-checking in the luggage, I walked out of the airport and took a bus to the downtown. Chinatown was still very busy even it was on Sunday. I checked on all kinds of market on those blocks without any of the shopping. I was wondering if I should take the bus to circle the island or go directly to Waikiki. I chose the later one and found Marukami Japanese Noodle Restaurant. I like this restaurant and have been several of its franchise restaurants in Japan even to two of the cities related to it, Himeji in Honchu and Takamatsu in Shikouku. The special part of the menu is large in quantity and economic in price which is very unique in Waikiki. We usually need to wait on a long queue to enter the restaurant and I am informed that this is the number one business volume of their franchise.

After the lunch, I decided to end my visit and took another bus to the Ala Moana Mall stop to be transferred to another bus to the airport. Due to a need to use the toilet, I went inside this huge mall and got lost on the way out. I took some photos for a tree with plenty of orange color fruits which I thought of persimmons. It is not the persimmon tree otherwise there would be on fruits left on the tree. It is a kind of fruit with a hard shell and attracted orange color.

The bus schedule in Oahu Island on Sunday is difficult to manage; therefore, I am satisfied with what I feel comfortable of the re-visit. With the time of my layover in Honolulu about 10 hours, I could hire a vehicle to visit more of the island. I do have a good memory of Hawaii where its weather is always like the spring in Houston, Texas.

No comments: