Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Visiting Nha Trang, southeast central part of Vietnam 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Visiting Nha Trang, southeast central part of Vietnam 2020/Carlos Pueblo

 Nha Trang is on my Rand McNally map yet I like to find it out what it means in English or Kanji. Finally I got it. Trang is a surname like Chuang in Kanji or Pueblo in Spanish means village in English. Nha is a tooth or teeth in English; however, also means sprout in pronunciation like bean spouts. I translate it to sprouts village for Nha Trang, a city closed to the famous Saigon, Hu Chi Ming City in current day. We walked down to the main street for three quava, some yellow chrysanthemum flowers, and a college of ocean marine with a aquarium. We were transferred by the tenders provided by the cruise ship.

First, I found a floor vegetable and fruit market with several lady owners sitting on the ground to attend their products. I bought three pieces of quava for one US dollar. A lady on another seat gave me a cup of her thermo-bottle to rinse the fruits to eat. The fruit is as big as my fist. We walked to a small alley with plenty of chrysanthemum flowers growing on pots like at the garden of Ha Long recreation center. The residents put the flowers pots in their door front like a home garden. The scenery reminded me 60 years ago of the rural area of Taiwan. Unemployed men were sitting on the ground playing cards.

We came back to the ship direction and were attracted by a building with some flowers. It is a small college of the ocean marine with a small campus. The campus is utilized for the on and off shutter buses and taxi of tourists. We watched a gardener to water the orchard plants on the tree trunks, then following the flowers to an aquarium. I believe that aquarium is a part of the college. It is not fancy equip yet lively with many live fish swimming around. It is also full of marine sample and also precious life pink reef of many kinds. Finally, we came to a large pond of sharks and some other kinds of big fish. They do get along well. I took many photos for my own collection.

Back to the pier for our tenders. It was pretty warm on that day in the afternoon. We were sitting at the cafeteria chatting with a fellow Taiwanese lady of my age. Her German husband is a retired scientist and live in Vancouver, Canada. There were so much for us to discuss back to the 70's in both Taiwan and America. Evan Yeh came to join us. She is a pretty girl engineer who graduated from an university of science and technology at my hometown Huwei in Taiwan, as a matter of fact the campus is on the old high school I attended and taught chemistry when I was growing up in Taiwan.

No comments: