Monday, March 9, 2020

Cruise Ship docked at Chan May, Vietnam 2020/Carlos Pueblo

Cruise Ship docked at Chan May, Vietnam 2020/Carlos Pueblo

The advertisement of the cruise indicates that Chan May port is related to Hue/Da Nang of the two famous Vietnamese cities and actually it not. It is a gateway to those two cities and almost a whole day land excursion. I was not prepared and did try my best to walk outside the port for about a mile and back. Amy was not happy at all because that we had made such a long distance to reach here. I asked her for he lead and she was not prepared either. If I had a longer time, I would like to visit Thick Nhat Hanh, the Vietnamese monk who had enlighten me almost forty years ago by reading his book, Jesus and Budha are brothers. This is what my understanding of Buddhism while we define one of the insight procedure Pratyeka, enlighten by reading or any kinds of observation. Another method is called Sravaka, by listening some one like current Buddha's lecturing and gaining the insight or enlightening. He is 93 and is unable to speak as the Google indicated.

Amy didn't like to be back to the ship and still waiting some one she knew from the ship would let her join them to go out, of curse, she didn't know the old capital of the Nguyen Dynasty, the monk, or Da Nang, her only experience was to order the delicious Vietnamese Pho noodle. I took her to have a golf lesson which I had become very good at the simulator on the deck 13 outside. She hits well after all.

We took the lunch at the Cafe on the deck 12 rear. We got the opportunity to meet many daughters and some male staff and I was glad. They helped me to explain how difficulty that they ran into arguing with the local motorcycle drivers or taxi drivers about the fees. There are tricks among some of the local drivers to add on to the cost. I always avoid to spend the extra money other than what I have already paid to the cruise liner and I feel no regret so far. It is a vacation after all.

We had a fee waived dinner at the French Restaurant at night. I have awarded two vouchers to dine at two fee restaurants, usually we selected the steak house and an Italian Restaurant.
This time we change the menu to Le Bistro for the French Cuisine. The manager is Lovely, our daughter and another daughter Venus as our waitress. We were recommended for scallops, steak, and snails as the side dish plus a bottle of wine.

After the dinner, Amy went to the show at the theater and came to meet me at the Atrium piano bar. Usually, I would stay at the atrium seat or up stair at the O'Sheenan's to watch the life piano performing.

No comments: