Saturday, December 1, 2018

Dining at the Aqua Restaurant/Carlos Pueblo


Dining at the Aqua Restaurant/Carlos Pueblo

After all of those years of cruising with the same cruise liner, I switch
my dining restaurant habit from the Garden Café on Deck 12 to the
Aqua Restaurant on Deck 7 mid-ship for dinner and the Venetian
on Deck 7 backward because of Imelda, my favorite daughter on
board. She is the Maitre d’hotel, Maitre D for short means the owner
or manager of the hotel in France. She is assigned to manage the Aqua
at night, the breakfast at the Venetian in the morning, and occasionally
lunch at the Garden Café. It is such a joy to follow her duty for my
daily meal. She is such a charming, able, and kind person to get along
with and most of the guests as long as her staff agree with me.

Restaurants are the major part of the cruise ship operation. Aqua,
Venetian’s, Garden Café , and O’Sheehan’s are complimentary which
means free and no need to pay additional except some expensive menu.
Aqua and Venetian’s have had exactly same menu and kitchens. One
can be seated 350 while the other 450.  I would have a pot of hot green
tea to sit and observe the restaurant operation whole night till it is
closed. I have had some underwriting restaurants insurance during the
80’s. The owners used to invite me for business and gave me a free
lunch after 2 pm. They explained how the business operated, the seats
capacity, the turn over, and the volume of business daily, lunch and
dinner, etc. The cruise liner moves a small Texas township on board and
provides everything 24 hours a day for two week. It is amazing.

I have my compliment on her and her superior for her successful
management. I wish that one day on board, I can witness all three lady
Maitre D’s are operating Aqua, Venetian’s, and Garden Café
Simultaneously. They are all working on the same ship now except one
is off. Clarita of Venetian’s, Emilia at Garden Café, and Imelda at Aqua
and with 2,500 plus guests on board and we can see how efficient
they are in command. I must mention another daughter of mine, the
assistant Maitre D, Siti of Indonesia. I call her a Company Commander
and Imelda a Battalion Commander for their organized maneuver in
a busy restaurant.

I felt that I am old, as old as those old Cantonese in the Chinatown to
have a coffee together at a bakery till lunch time, then, off for Dim Sum
for lunch. I am the same difference to drink a pot of green tea for the
entire night in a restaurant.

No comments: