Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Olivia San/Carlos Pueblo


Olivia San/Carlos Pueblo

The cruise ship set up a table at the waiting room to provide reservation
of restaurants before guests boarding. In charge person in hostess uniform
was Olivia San. My respectful greeting of her as a San, a Japanese language,
due to her ability to command such language. Her three years training on
board for serving Japanese customers is better than my 15 years on and off
studying of this language. I call her my Sensei, or teacher, even though she
is my adopted daughter. Confucian analects, I must be able to find teachers
among three person passing by me. I was glad to make up my absence of
Japanese classes while on board of the ship because that I did bring my text
book with me to continue my learning. She is very unique and as usual, very
attractive.

Her younger brother was a Ph.D. in chemistry from a famous Christian University
in the northern part of Taiwan, Chung Yuan Christian University of Science and
Technology. She was very pleased that I could quickly identified the university than
my fellow Taiwanese magician on board. Once I learn her language background,
I always attempt to impress her with my fondness of Japanese language and even
visit her at her home restaurant, Los Lobos on Deck 12 next to the Garden Café.

One day at the O’Sheehan’s, she told me an unpleasant matter occurred at the
restaurant. It was a sea day on the ocean and the restaurant was full. She was
struggled to seat everyone coming in at the front. She asked one solo lady guest
if she would share table with a blind couple. She refused flatly and was not willing
to negotiate and the husband of the couple was not helping at all. The matter went
up to her direct supervisor. She reminded me that she saw me helping this couple
and another blind couple to enter the Venetian’s for breakfast. I was very proud of
my good deed that morning to hold a hand of the wife with all five of us from Deck
8 Mid-ship elevator down to the Atrium and across Deck 7 to the rear of the ship
and down one more deck to the restaurant. All my daughters were witness such a
big project. Imelda, the Matrie D. was very appreciated. I was very proud of myself
when Olivia San said that she saw it. I quickly identified the woman involved because
we had had a brief conversation at the Cellar where I was writing my note in Kanji
and review my textbook. She is also my fellow Taiwanese who lives in Los Angeles
and is in travel agency business. We have had a different thought of cruise travelling
, i.e. my adopting daughters on board. She has some peculiar thought of girls working
on board. I am not surprised that incident occurred. Olivia San told me on the next
day, this Taiwanese woman wrote a complaint on a compliment card to the ship. I
offered my help to prove her as a good hostess and my daughter, she declined my
involvement.

No comments: