Thursday, December 6, 2018

Wine testing seminar on board/Carlos Pueblo


Wine testing seminar on board/Carlos Pueblo

At sea days, there is also a wine testing seminar at the Cellar on Deck 7
Mid-ship and after that is the cocktail seminar at the Gatsby’s Bar. I
have had two new found favorite activities on board. I like to drink wine
at a relaxing environment, i.e. a party or a good dinner or a pretty dinner
companion which I can easily have on board simultaneously. Therefore,
it is nice to know more about such a popular habit worldwide. Carolina
has been with the industry for 35 years with plenty of experience of the
subject. I learn a lot from her seminar from swirling the high hill glass
to feel the fragrance of wine, taste the first sip, drink with chocolates.
Her assistant, I Gusti from Indonesia, helps to arrange all three sample
and some other glasses on the plate and place it on the table.

I know a bit of the wine making because ever since my school days with
junior high physical science, I have been fantasied with the grapes turned
into wine. I have visited vineyard all over the world even in the hill country
of Texas, the cellar or wine factory. My impression of these kinds of visiting
is that the vineyard is also combined with a beautiful rose garden because
roses can be shown for the disease of the vineyard.

Carolina disagrees of the aging wine advantage which is a common token of
the conversion of alcohol to ester and ester has a better of fragrance yet
poisonous. I don’t know and I don’t want to know at this age. I do have a
bottle of brandy at least 17 years on my wine shelf and maybe I should
consume it without waiting any more.

My dinners with my favorite daughters each time can be only two invited.
They don’t usually drink because of young age and the simplicity of their
careers. The wine included on the voucher is usually better than the free
drink from the latitude party especially when accompanies with Imelda,
the ranking officer on board. I receive a special attention when she is
around. I am very satisfied with their company for dinners.



No comments: