Saturday, December 22, 2018

Visiting St. Thomas/Carlos Pueblo


Visiting St. Thomas/Carlos Pueblo

There were 7 Cruise ships disembark at the Crown Bay piers simultaneously
and we could see how busy it was for the Capital downtown, Charlotte
Amalie. I usually march two busy streets to the McDonald’s for its free WiFi
and back to the ship. I have been to St. Thomas 6 times on different ships
for the pass 2 ½ years. St. Thomas was ceded to the U.S. in 1898 like
Philippine, Guam, and Cuba, etc. After the war, Spanish Empire collapsed
and has no longer been as a major world power since 1492.

I walk out of the ship and enter to a nice shopping center. There is a coffee
shop and breakfast restaurant at the end of the first roll to provide WiFi
connection. It has not been as busy as before and I guess that the advanced
i-phone would be gotten connected automatically because that St. Thomas
is within the U.S. territory and phones are connected. Only old man like me
rely on the lab top needed to use free WiFi connection. Turning right at the
coffee shop, there is a Chinese restaurant which provides foods for the staff
on the ship and let them have a break. Along with the first busy street, there
is also an oriental grocery by the sky ride station to Paradise Point for Filipinos.

Also, at the corner to enter another main street, there is a supermarket called
Pueblo. It used to have a small vegie/fruit stand with some local produces and
now it is gone because of the hurricane and the old lady owner is just simply
unable to set it up again. I have noticed that there are mango trees and
with blooming flowers and green fruits hanging on branches. It reminds me of
my childhood in Taiwan. I have taken many pictures each time I visit the town.

For some reasons, more of the staff on board come out to visit the town or
shopping. I run into them, or they says that they see me walking on the streets,
and they would advise me where to find a free WiFi, etc. I come to cruise so often
because that I like to visit daughters on board and not really consider for other
interest. I worry about eating too much on board and I don’t like to spend additional
money for additional venture.



No comments: