Saturday, December 9, 2017

Revisiting Japan 2018/Carlos Pueblo

Revisiting Japan 2018/Carlos Pueblo

Thinking of revisiting Japan in 2018, I am excited. On the same morning of my
checking in for my flight to Miami for the cruise trip to the southern Caribbean,
I purchased a pair of tickets to Japan in the early spring of 2018. Amy always
like to revisit this lovely nation and have a dinner with our old neighbor, Kiyoshi
and Keiko Otani, in addition to them, I also like to have a dinner with my London
acquaintance, Haruhiko Yamada. She is complaining that it is still cold in Japan and
concerned with the early spring snowing. I pay more attention for hanamit, the
annual cherry blossom phenomenon. Shengansen bullet train will take us from
Kyushu to Shikoku, Kansai, Kanto, Tohoku, Hokaido, then along the coastal line of
the sea of Japan to Chugoku, at least I’ll plan to see three famous castles, Kumamoto,
Himeji for Amy, and Matsumoto during the tree weeks train pass.

I always love to visit Japan and anxious to find the old route of my Dad’s graduation
visit to Japan in the 1930’s which he admired so much and passed it on to me when I
was a child. I regretted so much that I didn’t take advantage of his Japanese lesson one
summer for the young engineers at my hometown school in 1966. I have picked up my
self-study Japanese via enka songs on youtube and traveling around Japan. It’s not my
concern of cold weather at all, I am also enjoying the snowing scene and leave before it
is getting to long otherwise I am still alright, plus I want to cross the Atlantic again after
I return from Japan.

I also like to have the experience of a train ride from Aomori along the coastal line to Akita,
Golon sien which is famous for lovely scenery that I missed due to winter snow storm in early 2016. There is a song to describe how lovely it is. I shall see if I can purchase some Nara Tsuke,
a sake soaked cucumber which is still available at my hometown in Taiwan. I shall also to find
out if I can carry some rice balls with sweet bean in it for my adopted daughters on board when
I across the Atlantic Ocean.


No comments: