Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Formosan Language art/Carlos Pueblo

Formosan Language art/Carlos Pueblo

My friends in Austin, Texas, will hold a Formosan Language art presentation
on 01/18/2018 right after a night of my returning of a cruise trip from the
Eastern Caribbean. At one point of the e-mail discussion before the
Presentation, two scheduled speakers discussed a point which I had been
Interested for quite some time, an expression in writing of Formosan Language
to be different from Kanji spoken language writing. I did send out my comment
in Kanji writing and this would be my follow up in English edition of the subject.

There are at least four major different language in Taiwan, as a matter of fact
Taiwan is a nation of immigrants, Hoklo, Hakka, Mandarin, and the aborigine
of the Austronesian. The talk shall be emphasis the Hoklo and may be Hokka,
of course not Mandarin the dominant one at present. Lexical problem is the
current level exchange and phonological difficulty will follow up, then the
expression in writing in three types, all Kanji style, all Roman spelling, or the
mixture of the two above. I am interested.

I believe that there is a vivid distinction between Taiwan and China in Kanji
Edition of literature, for instance newspaper or written publication, etc.
It is because that Taiwan id democratic and diversified while China is
authoritarian and limited; however, a breakthrough of Formosan Language
must be achieved before our fully emancipation from Chinese influence.
I point it out that had taken two dynasty’s effort to make a change of
the classical Chinese writing habit, Mid-Tang and North Song, by the Imperial
Examination to select the Emperor’s cadets to serve the Dynasty. We can
anticipate a long endeavor.  


No comments: