Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Chinese daughters on board/Carlos Pueblo

Chinese daughters on board/Carlos Pueblo

 There are more and more Chinese youngsters working on board nowadays. I
have met several pleasant staff on Deck 12 Garden Café and 4 of them become
my adopted daughters and another one, Miss Liu of Kuangchou, Canton whom
I have a pleasure met twice missed my adoption due to time restraint. Another
one was on the front desk of the Atrium counter on the night shift. I shall
introduce every one of them below.

The first Chinese daughter Yin H of Mai County, Canton, a Hakka, is quite new on
board just a matter of week on Jade. I have had my Chinese Nationalist education
in Taiwan and very familiar with the pre-Communist era China plus I speak Mandarin
and understand the classical Chinese thought completely. I indicated that Hakka was
really derived from the ancient Huns outside of the Great Wall of China. She smiles
innocently and still listening then asked me how Taiwanese Hakka language sounds like.
I exhausted myself for two sentences. Se mai un chang means this girl is pretty; Ten
Gong lot sui mu lot sui? Means is it raining or not in the sky? She laughed and understood.
I have had many Hakka speaking friends during my colleges years who are the second
large population in Taiwan and like their ancestors they are martial spirit or warlike
spirit that make them serve in governments between Taiwan and China.

The second daughter is really the first one I like to adopted, Jan C of Senyou Co. Hokkien
near the western boarder of Chianghsi Province. I tracked her down very much in details
of Hokkien Province, asking if she spoke Fuchou, the provincial capital area where Fay’s
parents were coming from. Fay is my sister-in-law, Yancy’s wife. They both met Jan on
their trip to Quebec City  from New York last month on this ship. She is going home in January
, 2018 and coming back to another ship, Joy, in Shanghai for the Eastern Asia route. She is very pretty, kind, pleasant and hard working.

The third one is An C of Kuanghsi or Kueichou Provinces, a very shy and pleasant one at the
Garden Café mainly. The restaurant was very busy and we rarely met again or I was interrupted
by the others or not at the restaurant simultaneously.

The fourth one is Rui L of Shanhsi Province another pretty with pleasant personality. I asked her
how far from Yenan, His’s father old stronghold during the 30’s and 40’s. She indicated that about 5 hours high speed rail time from the north to the south of the province, Hsian is in the
center of the province and an ancient capital of Ching, Han, and Tang Dynasties. She told me a
restaurant owner at Kralendijk, Bonaire taking them to tour the scenery area of the city and also
specially made a dish of sour vegetable with fresh fish for them. She was so excited and I was
very happy for these group of fine girls.

The fifth one is Chia H of An-Ching, Anhui Province. She works at the front desk of the Atrium
office of the ship’s customer service night shift. Now I know why my old ala mater is named
An-Ching from nowhere. When the Chinese Nationalist took over Japanese sugar factory
after the War, they built an elementary school at the site of the factory compound and
named a city of the old Anhuei Province as the name of the school. I told her that I had had
one favorite middle school Chinese literature teacher was from Uwei, Anhuei, as a matter of
fact, I had had a lovely friend, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Houston engineering
school was graduated from Anhuei Normal University at Uhu, and Hefei, Anhuei, Chinese University of Science and Technology at Hefei, the provincial city of Anhei.
  


No comments: