Saturday, September 19, 2015

Recuperating my left eye/ Carlos Pueblo

Recuperating my left eye/ Carlos Pueblo
I have been recuperating my left eye’s vision recovery ever since two
cataract procedures in late August. I see the vision improved gradually
; however, it is still risky to make an air travel as my doctor advise not to.
There is a bubble which he has placed in my eye to stabilize the retina.
I guess that the high attitude is going to affect my bubble in the left eye,
It may burst then cause blindness. I have better be patient and holding
off my original plan to fly to Europe this month and take a cruise back to
Houston in late October. During this period, every day I watch movies,
listen to Japanese Enka songs, read internet news, and write my blog in
both Chinese and English.

Due to my progress, Dr. Kopel does not need to see me every week.
He will send me back to the first eye doctor to remove the stitches after
my bubble is gone. Yesterday, I found out that my left eye vision closed
to normal. In classical Chinese idiom, a skilled physician to return a patient’s
health, to describe a patient’s appreciation. Almost 4 weeks ago, I felt
blind on my left eye after my fist procedure.

I am not allowed to drive car either, even with two eyes in function, I still
have had incident recently. I do walk two miles every morning to be out of
the house every day and water my 6 vegetable pots. I do some easy cooking
for my favorite soups, pork kidney and bamboo shoot. I see something are
coming out from three of the seeds bed which I guess are tomatoes. I shall
prepare some mixture of house manure and grass mulch when I am better
for the transfer plants.

When I run into a new hesitate dog in my morning walk, I instantly remove
my shade and straw hat to avoid his shyness towards me. This is my experience
knowledge from some dog owners because their dogs usually very friendly yet
not use to a stranger with dark shade or wear a hat. Of course I explain my
two cataract procedures  and they still can see the redness of the left. I become
very good of describing my difficulty and the procedures.





No comments: