Monday, September 28, 2015

Living at Village West subdivision/Carlos Pueblo

Living at Village West subdivision/Carlos Pueblo
It has been almost three years since we moved to Village West subdivision
, a 498 family subdivision 1.5 miles off Beltway 8 between Briar Forest Dr
and Westheimer Rd. Our street, Del Monte Dr., was built in 1982 of a brick
veneer house in good condition. Every morning, I would walk on 11 blocks
with a total of 2.2 miles which is my limit of daily activity.

Morning walk is an opportunity for me to meet some neighbors and their
dogs. If I am early, I may meet Judy and her dog, Ginger. Judy must reach to
her client’s office at 9 O’clock for sign language appointment. I have learned
American Sign Language for several years for Arthur due to his tracheotomy,
inserting a NG tube through his throat in order to breathe. Ginger would sit
patiently while we are in conversation. We are at the second house of the east
end of Del Monte Dr., after making a right turn on Chevy Chase, I’ll meet two
neighbor’s dogs, if I am lucky, one is Prince on Chevy Chase and the other one
is Emma, my next neighbor on Del Monte, both dogs are good friends each other.
Princes owner, Christine, is Peruvian while Emma’s owners have just moved in
for one year, a young couple not yet with kids.

Village West subdivision is very unique for the yard keeping of the neighborhood.
Most of the neighbors pay very good attention to the lawn and small front garden,
keeping it edged and watering it regularly. There are 6 dogs coming out for walk
some time in a week that I am fond of, two small dogs with a nice garden with
Japanese maple and two camellia; a black lab with an old neighbor with a Santa
Claus beard; two small dogs always greet me inside the side gate; finally, a one
year old lab with a pair of piercing blue eyes, whose owner is a Vietnamese diplomat.
I have the opportunity to meet two new neighbors who have purchased houses
from two Taiwanese family, Eddy Chuang and Ting Long Wu, especially Molly from Wu
which I have been invited to pick fig and pear in the back yard.

I would make a left turn on Woodland Park Dr., a pretty traffic road to the next
Street, Olympia Dr., which divides the north and south section of the subdivision.
Before I come to Amy Lai’s house, I would continue to make a right turn on Stoneford
Which is a bigger street straight south to Wickersham and there are 10 divide blocks.
This south section was built in 1978. Chance, a dog on the right corner, would greet me
Inside the side gate, even though I ask the owner formally introduce me to him, I still
hesitate to touch him without the presence of his owner. Across this house, I recognize
the home owner is an old acquaintance of an indoor tennis body, Elma Johnson of a

retired football star of Kansas chief.

No comments: