Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mr. Diep, My lawn man/ Carlos Pueblo

Mr. Diep, My lawn man/ Carlos Pueblo
Sunday morning, Mr. Diep came to mow the yard which was overdue for
4 weeks. First, he used the ring edger to edge the out growing part and
blew them back to inside of the yard. Finally, he used a regular lawn mower
to finish the job with a grass catcher, 3 bags. He could not use his commercial
lawn mower due to the size would not fit all three gates to the back yard. Nor
he had had a helper, his Mexican helper went back home for some reasons.

We have had Mr. Diep, An America Vietnamese, for our lawn man for quite
some time. Yancy referred his oversea Vietnam Chinese lawn man for us in
the 80’s to solve our basic lawn care, then, the small business had changed
hands several time until him. He would come to mow the yard every other week
yet lately postponed to three or four weeks each time. I don’t mind at all yet you
can feel the growing speed of the lawn especially after summer rain.

It is very unique that this subdivision home owners pay so much attention to their
lawn care matter. You can see the automatic sprinkler almost daily for some, weekly
lawn mow for some, and adding fertilizer in the spring etc. which are done by their
lawn men or special lawn care companies.  We enjoy very much while walking around
our subdivision every morning and see every different style of yard and garden in our
neighborhood.

I think that I myself can do my own lawn care business. In 2000 and 2001, I did manage
to sell two rental houses for the kids college education. I bought a new set of lawn
care equipment, a new lawn mower, an edger, and a gas blower. It took about 15
months to get rid of both houses and I did mow the yard weekly. Fortunately, both
houses were vacant separately and continually one after another. It was out of Mr. Diep’s
working range. I did have some kind of achievement feeling when both houses sold in
a presentable condition especially the yards.

I like to keep the mulch on the ground; however, Mr. Diep likes to clean it up to a bag
and through it away. I guess that makes the yard looking clean and organized. Of course,
the ground cannot be benefit from the old mulch to enrich the root. I don’t like to
criticize him because he has done a good job for me and solve my home care duty for some
long time. Sine we moved to Del Monte new house, he has helped me twice for my house
chore, one time removed a big piece of new carpet from the garage attic and the other one,
helping me to level a tree stump near by a fence.


No comments: