Thursday, September 24, 2015

Vogue magazine/ Carlos Pueblo

Vogue magazine/ Carlos Pueblo
Amy brought three pretty Vogue magazine back home the other day and I
read one book over, felt like a magazine of fashion, current day edition of
Japanese lady’s club magazine. Once my mother had a copy of such Japanese
book as a blue-print to make a few coats for her children. Amy agrees with me
and points out that one of our neighbor’s mother, at my mother age, had
been a career tailor and used such book for dress making and alternation.
This kind of career has been fading away for a long time since the garment
Industry and international trading; however, it is still alive in big metropolitan
area such as New York, Tokyo, and London etc. Alternator is still in demand
in Taipei, U.S. minority community, for example wedding dress. Once someone
is good at a sewing  machine, dress making and alternation become an art.

I have been very impressed when I travel via London Tube, subway, during early
spring. The lady passengers show off well tailor woolen coats with various colors
and designs.  You can see that in the Manhattan area subway. This is the fashion,
vogue, for a higher income society. If it is during the summer, fashion scenery
becomes more vividly all over the world. I like to wear suit to work because that
I have had such taste ever since college era. I had attended my sister’s wedding
in a rural area with my new custom tailored suit, made of imported wool from
Scotland via Hong Kong. I saved my hard earned pay of a private tutorship for
several months. I wear those for my early tenure in the U.S., then imported
suit and garment flood the market.

Tailor business has shipped out of the industrial nations and the traditional tailor
has been obsolete for a long time. Tailor is no longer a career which a woman can
choose for. I can name many of the career tailors in my memory at my early
childhood, yet only very few alternators at present especially in Houston.

I was on an AVE, a Spanish high speed train, from Madrid to Barcelona, I ran into
a Chinese lady alternator returning from her business service. Two years earlier,
I was on my way back from Leiyu Island of Kinmen, I helped a lady wedding dress
alternator carrying extra luggage home. She was pretty busy answering phone
calls for her customer’s wedding schedule. There is a Mrs. Lan of our friend who
has worked at Macy’s department store until her retirement. She is good at
tailoring. I went to Camden Lock, London and found an active old fashion store
with many Singer sewing  machine collection that reminded me the one which we

had at home when I was a kid. 

No comments: