Wednesday, September 9, 2015

How to prepare a pork kidney soup./Carlos Pueblo

How to prepare a pork kidney soup./Carlos Pueblo
Pork kidney soup is one of my favorite dishes and I know very well how
to prepare it. First, I need to get the material and clean it, secondly I
shall cook it in about 15 minutes.

Not many people eat pork kidney for various kinds of reason. I can get
The material for 99 cents a pound at a Korean Supermarket when it is
on sale. Since I am so good at it, I shall worm up the hot pan while I am
cleaning the kidney simultaneously. Usually, I have a small box of 3 kidneys
for one making of soup. I use a flat butcher’s knife, 3.25x6.75 inches
dimension and use it to split the kidney into half. It must be horizontal to
the chopping board. Once split into half, you can see the white color tissue
of kidney tube which you want to remove it in order to get rid of the urine
smell. Horizontal again, use the knife to scoop to slice and scoop it out in
one direction, then you can see blood drop cones out of the remaining
kidney. I shall put the clean kidney pieces into a clean water bawl. This process
is to clean the kidney finally. On the surface side of the kidney, I slice several
line on the surface to help the cooking efficiency of heat transfer.

The hot pan is ready. A regular Chinese cooking to put slice ginger root and
scallion, the green onion white part, into the pan with two small tea spoons
of regular cooking oil and sesame oil for flavor. I flip the kidney once and remove
it from the hot pan in 30 seconds. The kidney is bloody and is not ready of course.
I add a bawl of water to the pan and heat it up to boiling and add salt and hontashi
, a kind of Japanese glutamine.

Once the water is boiled, dump the half cooked kidney into the pan until the next
Boiling, then remove the pan out of the ranch. The pork kidney soup is ready.  I
pour the hot soup to a noodle bawl to make a pork kidney noodle.

We Taiwanese have all kinds of soup on our table, pork kidney soup is one of

them and still attracts many. 

No comments: