Monday, September 7, 2015

Expecting our children to be successful/ Carlos Pueblo

Expecting our children to be successful/ Carlos Pueblo
Once we become parents, we are all expecting our children to be successful.
There is one simple way to define success which means a kid becomes useful  
to the society. To reach this goal, we can take one principle, stable home
economics, and three directions, healthy kid, good school education, and
a good philosophy towards life.

Home economics is a family’s finance, money, a family cannot live without it.
I was better off than my parents when I had had my first child. I thought of her
very much and was determined to give her my best. My first child is a regular
normal healthy baby while two years later, I had a special need baby son. We had
been struggled to keep him healthy for the first 6 years of his life. We do however
still maintain a strategy for him to become useful in his life and closely monitoring.

Baby food is influential to the future eating favorite because the herbs ingredient.
I found out that my daughter preferred American diet than regular home cooking.
This eating habit made us wonder if she had taken enough food every day. We
Noticed and made a correction to our son and he turned out alright with our regular
table food. A good eating intake can help to determine a healthy child.

After the child’s birth, I applied a social security number for her and as soon as she
received her numbers, I made a deposit of $500 to open a Uniform Gift to Minor
Texas account for her. I planned ahead of 18 years for her college education fees.
We eventually didn’t use that fund for her college instead of my early withdraw of
my rover IRA for both of my children’s college fees. One year after her graduation
from college and intended to make a loan to law school, she transferred her UGMT
account to her brother and later became his personal asset. It is always nice to plan
ahead which is a good home economics.

We are a Taiwanese language family, a bi-lingual family. I myself am a multi-lingual.
In order to prepare our children to meet the pre-school requirement, we sent her
to a Baptist nursery two years before regular kindergarten, while my son went to
a special education school and directly entered a regular elementary school with
a help of public law for special needs kids, a resource room.

We trust the public school and followed the system until college. It is a free school
education for almost 13 years. Both of our children followed the school’s curriculum
, step by step to graduation, of course I should admit that problem did exist for both
of them. We did our best to help them to resolve the problem. Her extra-curriculum
activities included piano, cello, tennis, and basketball etc. were very interesting and left
so much good memory. These activities, especially tennis, helps her to build her leadership
ability in the future with her carrier. On the other hand, my son’s school education was
a lot of struggle for most of it. We took him for drawing lessons and tennis without anything
stick. We are not giving up because he may require more time.

After I read a book of Buddhism from a Vietnamese monk, I suddenly realize that it is very
simple to become successful. He says to live everyday meaningful and that is it. We can be
very rich in finance, or we can be very healthy, or we can be no stress in our life and so on.
We must live in a meaningful way of our life. We must help our children to establish their
philosophy for life and keep it very simple, to live in a meaningful way without any stress
or hardship.  



No comments: