Saturday, September 5, 2015

Watching old movies on Youtube/ Carlos Pueblo

Watching old movies on Youtube/ Carlos Pueblo
I have watched a lot of old movies on Youtube lately because I am
recuperating from two cataract procedures on my left eye, one
un-successful and the other a cleanup one.  It covers the old films
of Japan, European War, Pacific Wars, and many western movies.

The majority of the old Japanese samurai, a kind of waged warrior,
are during the Tokugawa Shogunate, 1603 to 1868, in some history
called Tokugawa Bakufu or Edo Bakufu which is very easy for me to
understand. Of course, movies included those tales before Japanese
unification, the war state era. I can feel the advance of Japanese
movies making industry, the verification of classical language, costume
, and model human character etc. We like to admire what we called
A Japanese Spirit nowadays. I must admit that my Japanese language
is not quite reach to the level of understanding the movie; however,
the English screen certainly helps very much.

Only after coming back from my second Europe trip. I started looking
into the internet for the information to satisfy my curiosity of Spain.
I found the Moors Dynasty, 711-1491. I did not find very many movies
on Youtube; however, Google search helps me extending my mind to
Islam, the relation between Chinese Muslim and the Middle East, the
Silk Road. Most of the European movies on file are the war movies
which is dramatically interesting especially for the two nations, Germany
and England, before and after World War II. This is why I like to go back
to visit Europe two more times.

In the Pacific War, the Hollywood has presented many naval battle movies.
I prefer movies to documentary which is in contract with my reading habit
that I like non-fiction books. There were several naval battles between Japan
and U.S. during WWII and therefore, many sea battle movies which helps me
to understand the current warfare and national defense buildup.

Finally, I get out of war movies and enter western movies. Most of the western
movies were about the tales of less than 200 years ago of the American West.
I have been to some of the western States and I feel that the west is still keeping
very well of the past. Western movies always have gun fight; however, they are
very simple life, the way of survival, how the ancestor build this nation.  



No comments: