Thursday, November 28, 2019

Purchase shoes on black Friday week/Carlos Pueblo

Purchase shoes on black Friday week/Carlos Pueblo

The day after Thanksgiving is called black Friday, after that 4th Thursday of November, to kick off the Christmas shopping of the year. Now, the mall has extended the black Friday to the entire week for shoppers to arrange their schedule. I accompanied Amy's dress shopping to purchase shoes on my reserve list of my tennis. We went to the Katy Mall, an out let stores about 25 miles away. An outlet mall is famous for discount of out of fashion items from their regular stores at the regular mall inside the city. She tells me that this week is 50% off plus her favorite store has additional 10% off and another 10% off for using the store exclusive credit card.

I knew what I was looking for, located the section of the shoe store, and found the one shoe which I liked to have, the cheapest one. There were three available and I bought them all which would last a while for me. I don't need to worry Donald Trump's increase of the tariff to Chinese goods because that I just simply not shopping any longer. Now, I have had four new shoes for tennis, two used for my morning walk, and three beat up shoes for lawn mowing. Shoes and boxes are full on my storage at the garage.

There was always an issue for my lack of shoes to wear before the end of my army service or before my era of earn income. I always run into the wear off shoe bottom and before is lack of fund to purchase a new one. Now I am alright with the money and I still am very frugal only buy shoes on sale disregard of styles. This will make me very flexible in size selection due to the availability. I was a teacher in Taiwan that my students noticed my leather dress shoes were larger than my actual sizes of feet. Therefore, I always keep additional shoes available in case of need and without sale at hand.

I still have a good memory of shoes repair in Taiwan. I watched the shoe repair at a corner of the street to cut the shape of the leather and hand saw it on the bottom of the shoes. One day, I checked on the Google to find the shoe repair store nearby my home. A quote came back with the price more than what I paid for that pairs in Argentina; therefore, I might keep them for future yard work.

Amy finished her shopping and woke up me waiting at the lobby. She said that it was not expensive at all and I should try to buy something. I am very frugal and I am taking an old suit for my cruise trip Friday. It costs me nothing and makes my daughters on board very happy that I dress up to visit them.





No comments: