Thursday, November 7, 2019

The third day at Quebec City, Quebec, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

The third day at Quebec City, Quebec, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

It was the day of disembark and embark for one way passengers to get off and get on the ship at the city while for the back to back passengers that there was the third day to tour the city. I was a bit confusing and didn't go out again. In the late afternoon, the ship was sailed out of the River Lawrence north toward the sea entrance and southeast bound to the maritime provinces. On the western river bank, there is a beautiful Canadian farm with colorful farm houses and mansions. The farms are extended to the hill not so closed to the river as are far away. Now, I can imagine the reasons why Canada is the top world producer of crops. It reminds me the same scenery along the same river at the same side up stream from Montreal to Quebec City at the city called Trois-Rivieres or Three Rivers. I have also seen similar farms in mid-west U.S. States or yearly calendar pictures.

It might be too long for me to stay on the ship and I ran out of my activity. I was standing by the guard rails on Deck 7 watching an old man playing harmonica with a small amplifier. This was before the taking off of the ship. He was performed by the pier while people were passing by. He played most of the old hit songs one by one and I applauded on the deck to encourage him and soon my fellow passengers followed  suit and got his attention. I think that this is one of his daily routine like my morning walk in my subdivision to visit my pet dogs friends.

This was a cruise trip that I could not utilize my perk, four vouchers to invite my adopted daughters to fee paid restaurants for dinners free of charge. It was because of my negligent to mess up the procedure. It did happen once before with the Pearl which was a lack of time planning and this time was simply to blame on myself. For the following two months, I haven't monitor the advertisement from the cruise liner for my future trip and I think that by quitting cruise travelling I shall save some money. I also consider my aging physical condition, then I shall have even more limit living activity at home. It is very stressful.

I always have thought that I am getting my money worth by taking a last minute deal of the cruise ticket in compare with the cost of a land trip add up. In addition to that, the latitude member's perk of two dinner vouchers with the price listed on the menu, etc. Recently, I watch the Mayor of Taipei to explain the cash pay out for the senior and voucher value for the senior that the cast pay out is more costly for the city budget. I think that also apply to the vouchers I receive from the ship. It doesn't cost as much as the menu is indicated, yet just make me feel better.

No comments: