Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Returning to Bar Harbor, Maine 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Returning to Bar Harbor, Maine 2019/Carlos Pueblo

We left Halifax, Nova Scotia at night re-entering to the coast of New England over night. The ship was moored at the bay of Bar harbor. A tender service was in use to transfer passengers to and back from the ship to the town. It is a familiar port. I followed the old route to pass the lovely inn and garden and went down to the walking path along the coast. Wild roses and the floating baits of lobster were still vividly seen. Passing the lone apple tree, I was again attracted by that pretty sea front mansion with a lovely backyard. I met a family with two lovely dogs from Illinois. One of the dogs seemed to be very attracted to the sea view and always stared at the sea. They were driving from home on a long vocation.

Before the end of the path where I made a turn, I noticed several deer, three exactly, having their morning breakfast on the back yard of two frame houses. I had had my cameras ready and also reminded my fellow pedestrians of such scenery. The Illinois family group  caught up and indicated the regular scene because that they had been here for days. At the corner of that turn into the town park, I stopped by the small front yard garden again. It was full of beautiful roses, dahlias, and others colorful flowers. It is not that of a distance for me to pass through a hospital, across a street to a town park. It was almost empty that morning. I stood by a YMCA building to watch the You tube on my smart phone to get some news in Taipei, Taiwan.

On the main street, I ran into the Arizona Taiwanese families in front of a lobster restaurant. We checked the menu together and felt the price was not quite reasonable. Still on my way back to the ship, I passed by a inn with a lovely garden again in the front. A lady was working on the garden and approached to chat with her. She is the owner's mother. I make a compliment to the garden and the local residents who appreciate flowers so much.

As a matter of fact, when I check my records of photos at home, I found that I have missed a nice garden of a restaurant on my first visit of the town. It was on my way back to the pier from the town park. I was lost from the main street. After asking locals for direction, I was back to the right track and saw the town center. There is a restaurant at a street front of a residential area on the back ground with a colorful lovely garden along two edges. I have kept the photos and perhaps in the future I shall place them on my blog site with the title of the article along with it.

No comments: