Monday, November 11, 2019

The joy of playing tennis at old age/Carlos Pueblo

The joy of playing tennis at old age/Carlos Pueblo

Last weekend, my fore hand partner Dominique and I won a B-2 league match against another team on our Western Houston Men's Tennis League. There are three teams at our club, B-1, B-2, and B-3 and we play weekly on Saturday morning versus some other teams at our league. I was assigned to play on line 5, second one from the bottom on B-2 team. Our opponents are much younger and stronger than us; however, we come from behind and won a closed yet interested match. A win is a win in my life now a day, it is the joy of playing tennis at old age. Dominique, a French American, is so happy and is still telling people that win, at least his wife Denise writes me an e-mail about it. Tennis is the only hobby which I have had so far in my life, yet it also has come to me in a long way.

My strategy of playing a match is waiting for my opponents to make and error or my partner to make a kill; therefore, I love the ball quite often in order to make them to run especially testing their back hand stroke. My tennis level is a little bit higher than a beginner yet experience enough to enjoy the game. I can only slice the ball due to my lack of proper training at the beginning and no proper conversion of the rubber ball tennis to leather ball tennis. I manage to return balls most of the time. I feel comfortable to play at 3.5 USTA level or below.

Usually my week is passing by quickly by waiting to play on Saturday, once a week tennis. The rest of the week time, I can only do walking 2.2 miles in the morning and visiting my dog friends in the neighborhood and fill up the blank by writing my blog for a good memoir. I like to quit travel and may add golf two mornings a week to build my second hobby. I shall also go back to my old writings to make English edition available.

No comments: