Saturday, November 16, 2019

Re-visiting Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Re-visiting Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

The ship sails south from Sydney, the Cape Breton Island to the port of Halifax, the Nova Scotia Provincial Capital, Halifax overnight. It is the the peninsula part of Nova Scotia attached to the Province of New Brunswick along with PEI called the Canadian Maritime Provinces. At St. John's, NB. there is a rail road station with the Trans-Canadian Rail to reach
Vancouver. British Columbia on the western end which is one of my life time desire to take this route for a cross Canada trip. I am not sure if I can make it. When the ship entered the harbor, I saw the new Queen Elizabeth I diesel power British Air Carrier dock on the bay. She is on her maiden drill at Halifax  for this year. I notice that the air dock on board is slightly different from the carriers made in the U.S. France, or Japan. It is with an ascending cure to help the fighter jet to take off. I see that Russian one is similar to this one. There are another two Elizabeth class carriers coming out very soon.

On my way back from the harbor walk from the Marriott Hotel at the other end, I didn't see the carrier again. She should be out for her routine exercises at sea. I took a turn away from the coast toward the city center. It is a bit higher elevated streets toward the citadel up to a top park. Suddenly, I heard a loud cannon shot which reminded me my first visit of the city. That was my first cruise trip with the Jewel in 2011. We stopped by Halifax and walked up to the citadel and took some photos with the red coat guards changing duty and the noon cannon fire toward the sea. I didn't go up to the park on the citadel this time, instead I walked down to the pier through the beautiful city center.

I admire this kind of city where everything has been well planned. Nice and structure sound buildings and meet any kinds of beautification. It makes me very pleasant to be in such environment. Of course, I can also be related with modern city planning in the U.S. or Houston specifically. Only a nation with good rule of law and a city rich enough to make such joy happen.

No comments: