Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Second day at Quebec City, Quebec, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Second day at Quebec City, Quebec, Canada 2019/Carlos Pueblo

It makes more economic sense to have this back to back cruise trip to Quebec City because of over staying at the city two nights, the cost of room in the city. I made a day round trip driving from Montreal to Quebec City more than a decade ago due to the high cost of motel room violating my frugal habit. I took the advise from my travel agent to book the trip a little bit early to avoid missing the cruise tickets; however, I was told by another passenger of his holding until the real last minute deal which was a better deal than mine and I felt bad. However, I also value to the opportunity to see my adopted daughters on board as a family reunion, a precious experience.

It was a raining day on the second day at the city, yet I was determined to go out again to count the old cannons and I didn't mind to repeat the same route. Basically, the city has been settled since the early 17th century with a very nice of the European influence, the stone or brick architecture. This is why visiting Canada is a prelude of visiting Europe if you can speak French which is even more amazing. Quebec French is the best advanced French now in the world by the standard of literature. I made it to the battery park under innovation and counted it again how many cannons facing the River and also made it to the Congressional building and the garden in front and surround it through the St. Jean Gate. The old town street was still crowded with visitors with rain cover plastic on the outdoor items. I took a pedestrian path, a nice wide wood boarded path, to the only battery post at the end of the path. It was built yet never put into use. I guess that the top floor is for observation post, the second floor is for cannons on every direction, while the bottom floor is for the ammunition storage. I read the instruction outside for the history background of the structure. There is also a lovely
garden next to it with a big gazebo for outdoor musical performance.

It is quite enough walking exercises for me in a day during the cruise. I am very satisfied with what I am doing everywhere I go or disembark. I do not dare to drive due to the old age and less relax on driving than leisure walking. I can take photos for the garden flowers everywhere I reach.

No comments: