Friday, November 8, 2019

Transplant Amarillo flowers in the autumn/Carlos Pueblo

Transplant Amarillo flowers in the autumn/Carlos Pueblo

Amarillo flowers plants have been propagated so many on a shaded spot in the back yard and I decide to do something about it. Amarillo flower is very easy to grow no matter how difficult the climate is, it always makes it year after year. It is not like lily yet similar with a ball shape stem underground. I moved some of them from the old house on Traviata Lane where my cross street neighbor Estalla gave them to me when she decided to quit growing them in late 90's. I filled them up to the narrow lot under the eaves with roses. Throughout the years, I have transplanted successfully some into the front yards of my rental houses and Michelle's back yard in Austin. The last move was in late 2012 when we sold the old house where the builder tore down the old house and built a mansion on the home lot.

This past spring, I first witness the orange flowers on the shaded area bunch. I also see many more plants coming out through the 7 years period. They are not that organized; however, I don't mind to see the annual blooming in the spring after the azalea or before roses. Just about a month ago, I volunteered to move some dirt soil from neighbors across the street due to a broken water pipe which was fixed by the city and left piles of dirt soil to block the storm water line and one driveway. The extra dirt soil by now is settled on the yard front and back and I decide to re-arrange the Amarillo plants to beautify my garden. I fill them around the empty space vacant by dead shrubs or new higher dirt level around tall trees. I shall have another 7 years to see them propagating. I have moved more than 40.

The ground is wet and the rain is still coming nicely so far this fall. The Amarillo plant doesn't need very much sunshine at least for survival no guarantee blooming. The sunshine may penetrate through leaves during the year. Some time I feel like to have a little more space on my yard to grow some more flowers. Our neighbors in the subdivision have lovely garden with flowers around in the whole year.

No comments: