Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Citric fruits gift from neighbors/Carlos Pueblo

Citric fruits gift from neighbors/Carlos Pueblo

After November, citric fruits like lemon, orange, and tangerine, etc. are hanging on the front yard of our subdivision. The weather of Houston is good for oranges and persimmons which I have been picked throughout the years. We do have a lemon tree and a tangerine tree on our back yard. Amy blends several vegetable, fruits and lemon juice to make a smoothie drink for my lunch that the elder is allowed to skip. Those ornament like fruits always been attracted to me while I have my morning walk. Two ladies of my favorite pet dogs owner ran into me on the other morning and recommended me ask permission of a lemon tree owner to pick them. I did and got a permission to have some. Yesterday morning, I took Amy to inspect the tree to show her our new supply of lemons.

On our way back to the morning route, we dropped by Kathy's house to visit my pet dog friend Forest, She asked if we liked to have some mandarins. She has a tree on her back yard with a crop exactly like a popular one in Taiwan yet she doesn't eat them at all. On her back yard, there are three citric trees with plenty of fruits now, lemon, mandarin, and orange.
She put some lemons and mandarins in a big bag for us and will give us some more when we drop by to visit Forest.

I always enjoy pick them, picking the fruit of any kind. The squirrel will not bother orange; therefore, the fruits can be well kept till their ripe. The orange is more popular in the society because the juice is very common drink at home. I wish I could have a bigger yard and more of my life to grow some more fruit trees to enjoy the pick them harvest.

No comments: