Saturday, November 23, 2019

Returning to visit Newport, Rhode Island 2019/Carlos Pueblo

Returning to visit Newport, Rhode Island 2019/Carlos Pueblo

The ship left Portland, Maine sailing south to Rhode Island at night. We arrived Newport at noon and scheduled to leave at 6:00 pm to NYC to complete the trip next morning. I watched the cross ocean bridge named after the late Senator Pell for his service contribution to the Nation. I also remember his spiritual support of Taiwanese pursuit of democracy under the Nationalist Chinese authoritarian rule. I asked the same sales clerk at the antic furniture store about his mansion on the Ocean Drive. She told me that required a vehicle to reach. I turned back to the City Center to visit again the Trinity Church and those 400 years old frame architecture still in excellent condition next to it.

The newer business area is on the other side of the church with busy crowds gathering. Basically, the city is a rich city with nice environment to attract visitors. We took the same tendering service provided by the ship back. I was sitting on the back of deck 12 cafeteria to watch the ship sailing out of the bay. I was caught by surprise that the same scenery as St. Lawrence River after Quebec City appeared to me. Luxury colorful Mansions on beautiful farms by the river. I have had such good memory of several places in both the U.S. and Canada which I call them the paradise. I didn't have my cameras at hand and even so I still couldn't take a good picture for such distance. I could only remind my daughters on the restaurant to watch such good view. I always admire their experience to see the whole world at young age.

Tomorrow morning, we'll be at Manhattan port early in the morning. I shall go to visit a friend at Flushing and have a lunch together. He was my brother's friend when he was in NYC in the mid-70's. I remembered him well and visited him once. He is a trained engineer and  now a successful business venture broker.

No comments: