Saturday, June 27, 2020

The second wave of the pandemic/Carlos Pueblo

The second wave of the pandemic/Carlos Pueblo

New York Governor resumes his daily briefing about the Chinese Wuhan Novel Corona Virus Pandemic and announces a new quarantine policy of three jointed neighboring states virus 9 other states in the U.S. for two weeks including our Texas. That means if I attempt to travel to NYC to embark a ocean cruise liner, I must have extra two weeks stay at a hotel. The second wave of the pandemic has arrived, not from the south hemisphere yet from domestic infection. We are still closely monitoring ourselves to prevent any damage from the virus.

I am still living in a life of self exile, practicing self quarantine of some degree. I have had a 3-4 hours exercises every morning around my subdivision, taking several hours nap, and stay the rest of a day inside the house. I wear a home made mast to cover my mouse mostly and fully cover up to my nose in case that I pass by some one who smokes or a dusted area such as the lawn mowing in progress, etc. Amy is very careful as well. She goes on grocery shopping and always wears a mask. She watches Governor Cuomo's daily brief to enrich her knowledge of the public health and English. The only risk is Arthur who is still on duty of his job in a super market 5 days in a week. 

We were in the southeast Asia between 01-19-2020 to 02-07-20 for a land and cruise trip  to cover several nations, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Vietnam. It was at the beginning of the pandemic. We realized the urgent of wearing a mask yet we were unable to buy one; therefore, we kept our second defense by keeping our social distance including in a restaurant. We were lucky indeed. Upon returning home, we have stayed at home ever since. First, we want to make sure that 14 days period is going well and no infection.

I have my diabetic pills refilled via a telephone conversation with my physician. I took Arthur to his cataract procedure by waiting on the parking lot. Additional two visits with his physician under a very carefully arranged seat. We take the pandemic seriously.

I watch the television talk shows daily on You Tube from Taiwan. The issue is very dominated in that Island Nation. One particular expert, Dr. Lee of Taiwan University Medical School Hospital who has had experience with the SARS back to 2003 analyzes the pandemic. He predicts that there is a second wave of the pandemic in the fall because of the travelers from the south hemisphere of their summer. The virus spreads actively in a cooling weather. Now we can't wait till the fall and we have had another out break peak in the summer which means the first wave of corona virus has never been controlled.

I am working on it and I don't want to let it destroy all what I have had. I am going to keep my self quarantine way of life. I'll write about how I get along my life without travelling. I am fine with my current life schedule and I must learn how to co-existed with the pandemic.

No comments: