Monday, June 15, 2020

The scavenger/Carlos Pueblo

The scavenger/Carlos Pueblo

Recently, I pick up two items from street curbs for my hobby, a dog cage to protect my Korean melon from the squirrel and an used steel barrel to gather the rain water. I feel good and gladly describe it to my neighbors. I was from an humble country of Taiwan where I did see people making a living to gather salvage staff to sell them to recycle stations for small pay such as the metal, brick, woods, and some other material can be re-used. I do see some people here in the U.S. gathering beer cans or below minimum pay. I ask my son Arthur for a proper use of English to describe such phenomena. He thinks for a while and defines them into two, one is the scavenger similar to my behavior while another one is the dumpster diver. 

I don't mind very much about face saving idea, for me, picking up staff I can re-use are either saving money or frugal and more environmental. Both are very noble and I don't care of Amy's objection due to junk. My horticultural project is simply an hobby not for production purpose and is not wise to spend additional fund. I have had tree shades yards at home and no need to use the sprinkler often. Gathering rain water is very common now a day. The scavenger is looking for the used staff to re-use for the need while the dumpster divers are looking for unsold merchandise to re-sell for profit such as the old fashion computer items which the store dumps them for the more space for the new fashion items. He also gives me some ideas of how the stores hold their annual sales by moving their unsold merchandises to warehouses and bring them back during the year end sales. That makes sense.

I check my English-Chinese dictionary about the scavenger which means in Chinese. It does mention about the food. My tennis body gives me several pieces of bakery bread almost every week. I don't mind to eat them. He also gave me carps and cat fishes until I stopped him due to the difficulty to clean the fish and not that tasty at all. I love Japanese raw fish dishes yet they are very expansive. I read about how the poor Japanese to wait out side of restaurants and markets at night before the closing of stores for those items they try to throw away. It is scavenger to salvage foods. I haven't go that far yet I do manage to go to some restaurants around the world at night to get some stores closed discount. I also admit that I once had eaten some bagels of this kind that Amy brought back from her church. It is a long story. Her old church allowed a homeless to sleep outside of the building and this man came to join their Sunday service and distributed the bagels which he scavenged from super markets. I don't care. I used to have the hungry experience when I was a student outside of home.

   

No comments: