Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Discuss the stock trade with Arthur again/Carlos Pueblo

Discuss the stock trade with Arthur again/Carlos Pueblo

It is very nice to discuss the stock trade with my son Arthur again, a sign of his new interest which is much better than his love of the computer game. He tells me what he is doing with his saving to invest in the stock market through his  own research and based on the buy low sell high principle. He is making some money to compensate the loss of working hours from his employer due to the Wuhan Novel Corona Virus pandemic out break.

I was once a license series 7 broker dealer. I had spent times to study the finance to pass on that examination. I understand what he is talking about and give him some advice, don't do short, option, and marginal, etc to avoid stress. I am very sensitive to bankruptcy, limited partnership, and some other trick existed in the society. I don't like to gamble and don't like to lose. He smiles and says that his doing is within his affordability.

He has a business degree; therefore, it is up to him when he is ready. He asks me about his portfolio, i.e. where is an account coming from? I explain that is original from the Uniform Gift to Minor Act and a combination with his sister's account due to her goal to have a student loan to the law school. I am so glad that he is getting into his own personal finance. I congratulate to Amy, his mother, that we do have some progress to see his maturity according to the point of view of the society.

I encourage him to save after his employment. He is a good son and listens to me on the financial part. If we find his package coming to often and after Amy's cleaning his room, I'll post a charge on him for room and board that happened once. Now he understands how important to accumulate the precious capital and let the capital work for him.

When I die, I shall pass on my life time saving to him and his sister Michelle. She is doing much better than me actually yet she doesn't mind to have some of my left over. I estimate that he himself will have sufficient funds for the rest of his life when he retires.

My father, his grandfather, struggled all his life to make it for our family of 9. I think that most of our siblings are doing well in our generation buy working and saving. I watch our children carefully of what they are doing and they are appreciated of what I am doing. I want to make sure of their breaking of the Class in the society. I have made it to the middle class and I believe that they can do better to the middle calss 2.0 by saving and investment.

No comments: